For more information about my class, visit the IHS Health Sciences Biology Website
1. What is you job experiences and professional affiliations? I taught science for 7 years at the International HS @ Prospect Heights in Brooklyn before relocating to the International HS for Health Sciences. I am also part of the a network called Math for America where I work with other math and science teachers to share best teaching practices and grow professionally.
2. Where did you obtain your undergraduate and graduate degrees? I studied Cellular and Molecular Biology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. After graduating with my bachelors of science degree from U of M, I attended Teachers College Columbia University for my masters in Science Education.
3. Which country did you come from? I was born in China, and moved to the United States when I was 8 years old.
4. What are your hobbies and passion? I love EATING really good food. I love cooking and eating the vegetables that my mom grows in our garden. I am wiling to fly to a new country just to eat their food!
5. Why did you choose to work at IHS-HS? I love working at IHS-HS because the staff are so supportive of each other and the students. I feel like I am part of a family here.